Sometimes relationships have rough patches. And frankly, I believe that stress caused by discord between friends or significant others is the most difficult to live with. The lead up to exams is hardly comparable to having to wake up and go to sleep knowing you’re not right with someone. While chowing down ice cream and talking it out can help, there’s something about music that further speaks to the heartache one can experience.
Below are a couple songs that helped me through a recent rough patch in a relationship. A number of them address the struggle. But I appreciated how they also also allude to the hope of a restoration, which is possible.
- “Only Love Can Hurt Like This” by Paloma Faith
- “Mad Love” by the Script
- “Arms Open” by the Script
- “Hold On Forever” by Rob Thomas
- “We’ll be Ok” by Imaginary Future
- “I Choose You” by Sara Bareilles